Creamy Sheese is a vegan cream cheese spread that’s available in a variety of flavours. This baked sweet potato recipe is just one way this delicious creamy spread can be used.
Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 gold sweet potatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas strained and rinsed
- handful pea shoots
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 255g tub Creamy Sheese
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Pierce the skin of the potatoes a few times with a fork and place them on a lined baking tray
- Drizzle on some olive oil and salt to taste
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or until soft
- While the potatoes are baking, mix the spices in a bowl, setting aside half a teaspoon
- Add the chickpeas to the spice blend and toss to coat
- Slice the potatoes down the centre, making sure to leave some room so they aren’t sliced in half
- Fill the potatoes with the spiced chickpeas
- Top the filled potatoes with your favourite Creamy Sheese flavour
- Garnish with pea shoots and green onion, sprinkling on any remaining spices.
This recipe was kindly provided by Sheese.
Sheese offers a delicious and healthy cheese alternative.
All Sheese products are 100% dairy-free, non-GMO, Kosher and certified vegan.
You can stir Creamy Sheese through mash potatoes, top pastas and pizzas with Mozzarella Style Sheese. You can crumble Greek Style Sheese through the Mediterranean inspired salad, or add to a sandwich or a wrap.
Sheese varieties can be purchased from Woolworths, Coles and Independent retailers.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!