“I just love this time of year when you can bake away all kinds of yummy holiday treats and gift them out at work or school, your next Christmas party, etc. These donuts make the perfect DIY holiday treats. Just add some frosting & holiday sprinkles, I promise, they’re a hit!”
Blueberry Baked Donuts
- 1.5 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (or regular flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cups of raw cane sugar
- 3/4 cups of almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of apple sauce
- 5 tbsp melted vegan butter (I love Earth Balance butter)
- a handful of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl sift your flour into the bowl.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, raw sugar and baking powder. Whisk all together.
- Add in almond milk, vanilla extract, apple sauce and melted butter. Whisk all together. Mix with your hands if needed.
- Add a handful of fresh blueberries to the batter and mix in together.
- In a non-stick donut pan, fill in the donut moulds with the batter.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Let them cool off for a few minutes before removing from donut baking pan.
Thanks, Natasha! A great recipe to take to a friend or family members house over the holiday season!