This recipe is vegan, can be made gluten-free by substituting the wheat flour for chickpea flour, easy to prepare and delicious. It is perfect as a snack on its own, a shared appetizer, on top of pizza, in tacos, and paired with other veggies and rice.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 c flour divided
- 1 c Buffalo Sauce
- preheat oven to 425°F (220° C)
- Create a wet batter by mixing 1 1/2 c flour and add water until you achieve a pancake-like consistency. (Slightly more runny than thick but thick enough to stick to the cauliflower)
- Create the dry mix by mixing 1 1/2 c flour, nutritional yeast and spices
- Take about 10 florets (if larger, 8 florets) from the cauliflower head and wash thoroughly.
- Dip each piece in the wet batter, coat completely in the dry batter and lay each piece on a flat tray. To avoid sticking, you can add foil or use a nonstick spray on your tray.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake.
- After half an hour, take the tray out and let the florets cool down for a few minutes.
- You can place the florets in a bowl at this point, add 1 cup of buffalo sauce and toss before placing bake into the oven for another ten minutes.
Take out the oven, let cool down and enjoy!
Name: Keiyonta Tyler
More from Keiyonta: @sunflowerhealth_
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!