This nourish plate recipe was shared by Jess from Australia.
A wholesome lunchtime or dinner option, using a handful of ingredients and ready in half an hour.
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 bunch of asparagus, halved
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Put 1 cup of Brown rice to 2 & 1/2 cups of water & a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, once simmering lower the heat and cover the saucepan & leave for 30 – 40 minutes (until tender)
- Cut up the Asparagus, Cauliflower & Carrots then place on a baking pan & cover in Olive Oil & salt and pepper then place in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes cut the mushrooms in half & leave to the side.
- Start the dressing by placing the Tahini, Olive oil, Water & Salt & Pepper in a small bowl and mix until it’s a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Once everything is cooked, Start to assemble your plate by placing a large handful of spinach as the base then add your Rice, Veggies and your delicious, creamy tahini dressing!
More from Jess: @eatinvegan
Please let us know what wholesome recipes you love to make or if you have a recipe you’d like to share, Submit one today!
If you love a healthy lunch option be sure to try this Roasted Chickpea and Cauliflower Salad with Candied Pecans.