Truly, this blueberry crisp is one of my most exciting breakfast recipes. If you are anything like me, something sweet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, is a good thing. Think of eating a nutritious, healthy, energizing breakfast that tastes so delicious; it’s more like a dessert.
Well, here it is! This vegan breakfast blueberry crisp will have you jumping out of bed in the morning.
Vegan Breakfast Blueberry Crisp
- 1/2 cup organic sprouted spelt flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or Whole Wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup frozen
- 100% apple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lightly spray a cast iron pan (8 in) or a baking pan of your choice.
- For the topping: In a large bowl, mix the flour, almond flour, oats, ground flax meal, salt, and cardamom.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Heat on low until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the wet to the dry mixture and work until you have a crumbly consistency.
- For the Filling: In a small saucepan, add the frozen apple juice concentrate. Stir in the tapioca starch and heat until the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, toss the frozen blueberries with two tablespoons of flour. Fill your prepared baking dish with berries and pour the thickened juice mixture over the top. Lightly toss the berries to coat them. The mixture will turn quite thick and gooey.
- Finally, add the crumb topping to the blueberries and Bake for 45 minutes. The top of the crisp should be slightly golden brown. Enjoy!
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!