This is my vegan guilt-free take on a classic!
Vegan Mac and Cheese
Recipe for a creamy cashew cheese mac
- 6-8 oz. (3/4 – 1 cup)macaroni or pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup soaked and drained cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 sautéed garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion (sautéed)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp tahini salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil
- Pour boiling water into a bowl with 1/2 cup of cashews
- Let cashews soak for 10 minutes
- Drain and rinse cashews
- Add cashews, nutritional yeast, sautéed garlic cloves & onions, veggie broth and tahini to a high power blender
- Blend for 3-4 minutes to make sure the sauce is creamy
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta
- Drain pasta and pour cheesy sauce over it
- Toss and serve
More from Jackie: @myvegandelicacies
- What initially sparked your plant-based journey?
My plant-based journey started when I read the book The China Study.
- Favorite vegan eatery?
- My pantry/fridge is always stocked with
- A vegan alternative you recommend everyone tries?
Oatly Oatmilk and Nutritional Yeast as a cheese substitute or topping.
- A vegan documentary or a book you recommend?
The China Study
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!