- 250g risotto rice (one-grained wheat)
- 500ml vegetable fond (vegetable soup)
- half a bunch of fresh parsley (~25g)
- 50g whole walnuts 50g leek (or onions)
- 1 glove of garlic olive oil
- Cut the leek into fine cubes and roast it with some olive oil in a pot 2.
- Add the risotto rice, salt it and roast it for a few minutes
- Chop the garlic and put it into the pot
- Deglaze the rice with the fond just till it’s covered up
- Keep stirring and add some fond every few minutes
- Chop the parsley and the walnuts
- The risotto is finished as soon as it’s firm to the bite (al dente)
- Mix the parsley and the walnuts in the risotto and season it with salt and pepper as desired
- Serve the risotto and garnish it with some parsley and a walnut
Tip: Make your own vegetable fond/soup by cooking the vegetable cut-offs with some juniper berries, bay leaves, salt and pepper for about half an hour.
Have a recipe you’d like to share? Submit one today!